Starting this Wednesday evening at 5pm Vancity will be shutting down their systems in order to upgrade their banking systems for all their members. This will affect members until Monday afternoon.
You will still be able to use the ATM's and point of sale purchases won't be affected. Here is what I found on the Vancity website that might be helpful if you had any concerns.
You can also visit the Vancity website for more details at the following link: Vancity
During the upgrade weekend:
You won’t be able to:
- check your account balance
- make bill payments, including Canada Revenue Agency remittances
- transfer funds, including INTERAC e-Transfer
- use online, mobile and telephone banking
- do any transactions in the branch or over the phone.
You will be able to:
- make deposits and withdrawals at ATMs
- pay for purchases with your Vancity MEMBER CARD® debit card and enviro™ Visa* card
- access your myVisaAccount
- use Cash Management services and Night Deposit (for Business members)
Put your mind at ease.
|Pre-authorized payment or debit includes:||Hydro bills, loan, mortgage payments, credit card, utility bills, strata fees, insurance payments (ICBC), etc.|
|Direct deposit or automatic deposit includes:||Payroll, payday, pensions, GST, CPP, government cheques, payday, automatic deposits, transfers from other financial institutions, etc.|
Expect your balance to catch up.
It may take a few days for your balance to catch up once we restore access to banking services. Please wait for your next account statements to do a full review and reconciliation of your transactions and balances.
We’re open during the upgrade weekend:
- Our community branches will remain open during regularly scheduled hours. We won’t be able to conduct any transactions for you or issue MEMBER CARD debit cards, but we’ll answer your questions, provide advice and give you access to your safety deposit box.
- Our Member Services Centre’s hours will be extended until 11 pm (regular hours resume, Monday, November 14 from 8 am to 8 pm).
- vancity.com will be accessible (not online banking though) and you can also reach us via social media.